Thank you for participating in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test.
Testing an MMORPG is a different process compared to testing your typical console game. Because MMORPGs have so much content, development teams cannot properly balance these games on their own. And so, to ensure a quality product, they must enlist the cooperation of dedicated players like you who are willing to play and assess various aspects of the game.
The FFXIV: ARR beta will be divided into the following four phases of testing:
- Phase 1
- Core systems functionality
- All playable character animations
- Early game progression / Leveling speed
- Markets / Item search
- Phase 2
- All Phase 1 elements
- Gamepad functionality
- Phase 1 feedback revisions
- Phase 3
- All Phase 1 and 2 elements
- Early game progression for all regions / classes
- Version 1.0 character data migration
- Phase 2 feedback revisions
- Phase 4 (Open Beta)
- Final balancing of core systems and beta content
As we progress through each phase and more content is made available for testing, we hope to receive plenty of feedback. However, please don't forget that having fun is also a vital part of the testing experience! Although there's a lot of hard work ahead, your participation will help ensure a quality game experience for everyone to enjoy.
|FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer/Director